Monday 25 April 2011

An UnManic Monday

As much as I love school, I’m not looking forward to going back on Wednesday. I just looked at my next few assignments and they sure are doozies. Dude, the 1950's called and they want their vocabulary back.

I have grown accustomed to being on holidays. Like today, I spent the morning on the Internet and then in the afternoon I caught up with an old friend and ate icecream and saw a movie. Why can’t all days be as lazy and fun as that? Life would probably get boring quickly. Maybe those kind of days are only fun because they are so far and few between.

I am looking forward to going back to work though. I want to hear if Maverick’s still around and the funny things Jenny’s kid says. I love love LOVE work. I know it’s not all playing with kittens but at the moment, it really is!

The second episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ is up online. I am itching to get my paws on it. I wasn’t quite sure about the first episode, it’s so dark and, well, horrible. Besides, I *hate* watching something before reading the book... and then the last five seconds happened and I was hooked. I’ll be telling myself that I’m watching it for direwolf cubs (and I believe I was promised dragons) but I’m lying. I love me some royal backstabbing and shenanigans and awesome costumes (and Sean Bean). I am getting the audiobook version of the book (all 33 hours of it!) next weekend and I’m excited.

Speaking of which, the lovely Helen and Olly from one of my fave podcasts “Answer Me This” have a great offer with Audible.com. Click here to receive a free audiobook. I did it last time and you really can get a free book! Just cancel your subscription within 14 days, even though you do have to give credit card details, and you don’t get charged a thing. Or if you’re anything like me, you cancel yours the second your audiobook has finished downloading :) It gives Helen and Olly (and Martin) some much needed money. And also listen to their podcast because you learn lots of (useless) things.

End of advertisement- and blog post.

No comments: