Tuesday 1 January 2013

My New Year’s Resolutions

I have three, I think.

1) Be able to run a 5k in 18 minutes.  I’ve seen that time on a couple of running sites.  It’s a really good time, but it’s attainable too.  At the moment, I can run 5k in about 30 minutes, so it will take some work.  But that’s what the entire year is for.

2) Cosplay.  Every year, I say that I want to dress up and go to Supanova (our Aussie version of Comic Con) and every year, I don’t.  I actually didn’t even go to it last year, so that’s my excuse.  I would LOVE to cosplay as Cersei Lannister from Game of Thrones, but considering that would involve making my own costume, I think we’ll work up to her.
cersei
I just really feel like I could pull off that facial expression.

3) I’ve seen this floating around the internet for the last few years and this year, Imma gonna do it.  You take a jar, and every time something good happens, you write it down and put it in the jar.  Then at the end of the year, you have a record of a GOOD year.  I have even prepped my jar.
jar

I taped a Neil Gaiman quote to the outside.  “May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art -- write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself

And I apply that quote to all of you too.  If there’s anyone left that still pops by from time to time.
NB: I am just casually not saying anything about the fact that I didn’t blog for like three months.  But… if you do still read this blog, maybe you could fill me in on what you’ve been up to?

1 comment:

Abigail said...

Zan and I are hoping to make it to a Comicon this year, either Seattle or San Diego (even though both of those are across the country)! Have you seen Buffy/Angel? We want to go as Wesley and Fred (Fred is a girl). Or as Spike and Dru. But yeah, I would love to Cosplay as a GoT character just for the gorgeous costuming.

Also, I love the jar idea and the Neil Gaiman quote. Neil Gaiman is one of my favorite authors. He's so wonderful.

I also hope this is the year we can meet up! I'm still hoping for a trip to AU later this spring!