Sunday 15 April 2012

A very bored Sunday

I woke up yesterday and felt horribly under the weather.  I bravely soldiered on but today I was like “nope, I’m having none of it” and I didn’t do anything today.  Except for one special home project.

From this tragic scene in Hunger Games
rue
comes this delightful picture
artofrueing
This is called “The Art of Rue-ing by Marc Marcos”.  Here is a how to:
  1. Find a sleeping victim
  2. Arrange an array of flowers around said victim
  3. Perform the Hunger Games salute
  4. Take pictures
Happy Hunger Games.

I saw this a few weeks ago, giggled and then promptly forgot about it.  Until today when I was suffering from cabin fever and was home alone.  So I present to you: The Art of Rue-ing by me and my animals.

IMG_0659

IMG_0664

And a ‘true’ Rue picture:
IMG_0670

I realised I never really got to write about my Hunger Games love before on my blog because I was away when the movie came out.  But I believe this post encapsulates it all pretty nicely :)

5 comments:

Katie said...

I utterly love that last picture - your dog and the flowers combine to blend into the pattern until they actually seem to be part of the couch. It is awesome.

Suzy Marie said...

Actually hilarious!

Jenna said...

Ah the things boredom will inspire us to do. Thank you for your Rue-ing inspiration. Watch out kittens!

Abigail said...

Awww the kitties are so pretty! It actually reminds me of Anne of Green Gables when she pretends to be The Lady of Chalot floating down the river...

Emily grapes said...

bahaha, this is seriously hilarious!! Those poor animals. ;)
Emily at Amazing Grapes