Thanks to the (almost) non response to questions for my vlog, I have happily shelved that project until another time I get bored. Knowing me, it won’t be long :)
Buddy was a gem as always. Friday night, I let him sleep in the bed as per usual. He’s so funny. He knows the drill and gets right into the bed, digging his way through the sheets until he’s right in there with me.
Then on Saturday, I was like “No. I must be strict” so I put him back outside where he normally sleeps. Then I woke up at 2:30am and couldn’t get back to sleep, being in a strange house with odd noises… so I let him back in.
That picture is him judging me whilst I was having my dance party. I love that picture of him!
The little guy suffers from separation anxiety pretty badly so if I’m to be away for a long stretch of time, there are some meds I can give him. On Sunday morning, I was off to the movies with the Roomies. The meds are given about 45 minutes before you leave. I ended up leaving about an hour after and was saying my goodbyes to him when I noticed that when he came up to me, he couldn’t walk in a straight line. He was like a drunk little doggie. Of course, the first thing I thought was that he’d been poisoned as his owner had mentioned something about laying rat traps recently. I was freaking out and doing all my normal checks on him. I nearly cancelled on the Roomies, I was so worried. Then I realised that it was probably just the anti-anxiety meds and I might have accidentally overdosed him. Terrible vet nurse!! But… the drugs he has are actually just generic xanax so I hoped it would be the same as a slight overdoes with humans, just a little bit sleepy.
I set off to the movies but my mind was in overdrive. I actually practiced the phone call I would have with the owner, telling her that her dog had died. I’m so melodramatic! I did enjoy the movie (The Five Year Engagement) but thought it dragged towards the end and that kept me thinking about Buddy and his dead little body, lying cold outside as he’s dead by my hands. I raced home and usually he is waiting for me by the door but of course he wasn’t. I opened the door and started calling for him and he came flying through the door, absolutely fine and back to his normal self! He got the biggest cuddle ever!!!
I walked further into the house and noticed some odd little black bits on the floor. I picked them up and it was little bits of wrapping that seemed to have a coffee brand on them. In the exact same instance, I see into the living room and on the carpet is a torn plastic bag. My first (again- melodramatic!) thought was that he’d found a bag of chocolate coffee sweets and eaten them all, meaning he’d gotten a double dose of caffeine and would die. I ran over to the bag and it turns out it was his dry dog food. Somehow he had gotten onto the table and grabbed it… and ripped it open and eaten it all.
I still can't believe he got onto the table! Thank goodness there was only about one more meal’s worth in there!
So I am feeling very exhausted. All that stress and worry. It’s exhausting looking after other people’s pets! But cute.
Sleeping in the little igloo he made for himself in bed…