Monday 21 May 2012

Double post!

Well not really, but it sort of feels like it.  I have a day off and it’s very grey outside (not that I’d be doing anything outside if it was sunny) and here I am on the internet.  I just wanted to share two rambly things with you guys.

Number One… something absolutely hilarious that happened a few nights ago.  We were all sitting watching television and I had Nilly the dog cuddled up on my lap, fast asleep.  The cat and the dog are sort of starting to get on now, it’s quite sweet.  Millie has kind of taken on the big sister role and likes to make Nilly suffer by hiding around corners and popping out when least expected.  Or darting out and doing a cheeky swipe on Nilly’s bum.  We call these actions “Circle of Life moments”.  But there’s nothing malicious in it and I think it’s only a matter of time before they are BFFs.  As has now been confirmed. 
millie3
Anyway, back to the beginning of the story- Nilly was asleep on my lap.  Millie hops up onto the chair to sit on my lap, unaware that the dog had already taken her spot.  Millie starts sniffing at Nilly, like she’s trying to work out how they can both sleep on my lap.  I was so excited and started patting Girl Roomie’s arm to get her to look over at the miracle that was happening.  She got excited and started patting Boy Roomie to alert him to the situation.  Unfortunately she was so engrossed in what was happening between the two animals that she didn’t realise that she was repeatedly patting Boy Roomie on the crotch instead of the leg.  This had us in fits of giggles and unfortunately disturbed Millie and she jumped off to go and sulk under the coffee table. 


Number Two… Zombies, Run.  This is by far the best app on my phone, even better than Instagram, dare I say it.  It’s a sort of radio play that you listen to whilst on the run.  It’s all about the zombie apocalypse (of course!) and you go on little missions to build up your community.  The voice acting is awesome (and English!) and it makes me feel like I’m in an episode of Torchwood.  It makes me run because when the nice English lady says “Keep running, the zombies are right behind you.  Keep running.  AND. DON’T. LOOK BACK.”… you darn well run! 
zombiesrun

This picture sums up EVERYTHING about the app.  I am absolutely in love with one of the characters and the story is so addictive, it keeps me coming back for more.  Which is great because it means that when I can’t be bothered to go running, I actually drag myself out of bed and go for a run.  But I haven’t even gotten to the best part, the best part is that there is a GPS component and every so often, my “zombie scanner” will go off saying “Zombies detected, 100 metres” and there is the sound effects of zombies going “urrrgghhh” and for 1 minute you absolutely have to sprint to evade zombie mobs.  It’s a little pricey but is totally worth it.

2 comments:

Sarahcastically said...

Omg this app sounds amazing. I'm going to go get it right now. Maybe this will actually motivate me to go running more often... I like running well enough but I tend to get bored while I'm doing it. So yes I need this and I can't believe I've never heard of it before.

Anonymous said...

That app sounds phenomenal! Unfortunately my phone is android and so doesn't support it - looks like I'll just have to remain sedate and unfit! Haha, I appreciate your taste however! :)