Tuesday 7 June 2011

Double Hair Post

Day 12: The Bunony (or The Bun/Pony)

I was starting to get desperate for inspiration. And then I stumbled across youtube! People posting videos of their hairstyles and HOW TO DO THEM. Why has it taken me a month before I even thought of going to youtube? I'm certainly not the sharpest knife on the counter. Is that even a saying? If I have to ask that question, I think I just proved my point! Oh dear :)

Anyway, there is a lovely lady who does "Cute Girls Hairstyles" and she is a lifesaver! She is a mother doing her young childrens' hair for school. Clearly I am not the target market because I am not a little girl or a mum but she has some fantastic hairstyles that I can't wait to try. 'Waterfall Braid'..? yes please!!

This one is so easy and I feel like I've seen a picture of Madonna rocking this hairstyle at one point in her career so that's how I justified wearing it!

It was so easy that I have no problems incorporating it into my actual hair 'wardrobe'. Well, that is until I chop it all off.










Day 13: Asymmetric Braids

Another day, another 'Game of Thrones' hairstyle? Haha, are you sick of them yet? Better not be because I have a few more up my sleeve and the show's season is not even over.

And again, I copied this hairstyle wrong! And again, I like my version better. I also had to take about a billion photos of it from different angles. I feel a bit egotistical posting so many photos of myself, especially one involving the 'peek over your shoulder' which is usually reserved for nudie photos. But I really wanted you guys to get a good view of the hairstyle, which involves taking a lot of pictures from different angles. Also it was my first attempt at french braiding my fringe and I wanted to share the success!!










Thank you to everyone who commented on my animal posts and especially on my '52 Weeks Project' post. I'm so excited to get started!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Still loving the braided looks. With hair as long as yours, braids seem to be perfect.

Abigail said...

I love your hair! I wish I was good at making my hair obey me, but I typically just put it up in a messy bun. Sigh.