Sunday 10 July 2011

Project 52: five

When I was small, I adored dinosaurs.
When I was older, I discovered dragons.

My love for dinosaurs disappeared but my love for dragons remained.

I never liked the stories of dragons stealing maidens or being vanquished by dashing heroes because that's not what dragons did.
Surely everyone knows that dragons are shy and grumpy, wise and kind and above all, brave and noble. That they love nothing more than solving a good riddle and hate to hear a child crying.

I often feel like I'm the only one who knows that. Everyone else just sees dragons as bad and that's the end of the story. I've always wanted a dragon charm but hardly anyone sees them the way I do, which means that their dragons are menacing and evil looking.

Finally after about fifteen years of searching, I found my dragon charm. There's not a harsh bone in his body and to me, I can see a cheeky spark in him and the wisdom in his eyes.

It's silly but it's made me so happy that my search is finally over.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Love it!

(and you are so right about dragons. There is a good and kind dragon in the novel I'm editing)

Gentri said...

I love that! Very cute! :) You should watch Disney's The Reluctant Dragon. Classic. haha!

Abigail said...

I like dragons, too. Love the charm!